First Aid :
Emergency care or treatment given to an ill or injured person before regular medical aid can be obtained.To know more about First Aid ,watch First Aid Video to learn more .
The person has been seriously wounded.Bleeding can’t be stopped after 10 minutes of firm and steady pressure.Bleeding is severe.Blood spurts from the wound.
Stop Bleeding Apply direct pressure until bleeding stops.Clean and Protect
For a wound or superficial scratch from an animal bite:
- Gently clean with soap and warm water. Rinse for several minutes after cleaning.
- Apply antibiotic cream to reduce risk of infection, and cover with a sterile bandage.
- Get medical help immediately for any animal bite that is more than a superficial scratch or if the animal was a wild animal or stray, regardless of the severity of the injury.
- If the animal’s owner is available, find out if the animal’s rabies shots are up-to-date. Give this information to your health care
- If the animal was a stray or wild animal, call the local health department or animal control immediately.
- Follow Up
- The health careprovider will make sure the wound is thoroughly clean and may prescribe antibiotics.
- The health care provider may numb the wound and look for any deeper damage.
- If there is any risk of rabies infection, the health careprovider will recommend anti-rabies treatment.
Stop the Bleeding
- Have the person sit up straight and lean forward slightly. Don’t have the person lie down or tilt the head backward.
- With thumb and index finger, firmly pinch the nose just below the bone up against the face.
- Apply pressure for 5 minutes. Time yourself with a clock.
- If bleeding continues after 5 minutes, repeat the process.
- Call a Health Care Provider
- Nose bleed doesn’t stop after 10 minutes of home treatment.
- There is so much bleeding that it is hard to breathe.
Useful for CBSE, ICSE, NCERT & International Students
Grade : 5
Lesson : First aid & Health care
Topic: First Aid Video
Visit www.oztern.com to find personalized test preparation solutions for Pre Medical – AIPMT, AIIMS, JIPMER, State, Pre Engineering – IIT JEE, JEE MAIN, BITSAT, State and Foundations – Class 6 to 10.